This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
gdb attach/detach kills the target process
- From: Sam Steingold <sds at gnu dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: 18 Jun 2003 18:56:15 -0400
- Subject: gdb attach/detach kills the target process
- Organization: disorganization
- Reply-to: sds at gnu dot org
run a process in a cygwin window, find out its PID, run gdb in another
window, attach to that process, then detach from it.
the target process stops responding as soon as it is attached to.
detaching changes nothing.
only after I exit gdb, I get the original window responding, with the
terminal in raw start (need to do "reset" in bash) and the process that
gdb attached to dead.
I tested this on python and clisp.
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html