This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Mysterious Cron error solved
- From: "Michael Jervis" <mike at skinmaster dot co dot uk>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:35:12 +0100
- Subject: Mysterious Cron error solved
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
- Reply-to: "Michael Jervis" <mike at skinmaster dot co dot uk>
I'd been trying to get cron running for a day or three. Came accross someone
who had the EXACT same problem as me:
But found no solution.
Now I have solved it, so here is my solution:
/var/run was set to be owned by my user. Not the SYSTEM user. Which meant
that cron service was unable to write the cron.pid file into that folder.
A swift chmod a+w allowed me to start cron.
Hopefuly this will help someone else!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html