Re: Win2003 periodic failures

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 03:21:21PM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Allan Yates wrote:
>>I have been running Cygwin on WinNT and Win2000 platforms with no
>>issues for a year or so.  I recently installed the latest (1.3.22-1)
>>version on a Win2003 machine.  Running the same code (very simple shell
>>scripts) I am see the following error 12-25% of the time:
>>
>>couldn't dynamically determine load address for RegCreateKeyUxA'
>>(handle 0x77DA0000), Win32 error 127
>>
>>Searches of the Cygwin archive and Google came up negative.
>>
>>Has anybody seen this before?  Or is there a specific version of Cygwin
>>for Win2003 that I haven't found yet?
>
>I think this means that RegCreateKeyUxA is no longer exported or
>supported (in Windows 2003).

I don't know why cygwin would be loading something called RegCreateKeyUxA.  It
certainly isn't intentional.  It should be using RegCreateKeyExA.  I can't find
any reference to the UxA version anywhere in the source.

Has Windows 2003 been officially released?  If not, this falls into the "only works
on non-beta versions of Windows" category.

cgf