This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Network shares under ssh: some can, some can't
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <luke dot kendall at cisra dot canon dot com dot au>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:50:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: Network shares under ssh: some can, some can't
- References: <20030627012701.934E934C59@nevin.research.canon.com.au>
> I noticed some discussion on the list a while back, where people
> reported that if they logged in remotely to their Windows PC via
> slogin, they didn't have access to their network shares.
> I'd never worried too much about this, since I always just manually
> mapped the drives. Today I also modified our local
> /etc/profile.d/cisra.sh to automatically do this for you, since drives
> you normally map do show up (as "Unavailable") in a "net use".
> For me, it worked well. For someone else, it doesn't.
> : [luke@nevin] .../luke; slogin doyle
> luke@doyle's password:
> Last login: Fri Jun 27 10:10:13 2003 from nevin.research.canon.com.au
> Other person:
> linn> ssh riada
> Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
> Last login: Fri Jun 27 09:35:30 2003 from linn.research.canon.com.au
Here you see the difference: password/passwordless. This issue has been
covered many *many* times, in the mailing list, and in the user's guide.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html