Re: Determining the location of a Cygwin installation

luke.kendall@cisra.canon.com.au wrote:

We have a .bat script to run setup and the local post-install script for lots of extra tailoring. Much of this can also be found at my personal web page: http://members.optushome.com.au/lukekendall/xwin-network.html

Looked at your script. Like many people you assume that the end user will a) read your documentation and b) go through a few manual steps of unpacking and executing the resulting script. I was looking for something a little more automated as I have learned over the years that given any distribution of even computer professionals, about 70% of them will not read the directions nor perform any manual step until and unless it becomes a problem (at which point you're called over to do they thing for them!).