This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Download from internet = 1Mb?! (potential FAQ entry)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:11:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: Download from internet = 1Mb?! (potential FAQ entry)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 03:43:02PM +0100, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>> CGF wrote
>>>FWIW, the above is exactly how I would do this.
>I'll never be so happy again.
>This makes me think that the first suggested route "umount - rename -
>download - rename - remount" is probably better (safer, whatever) than
>the second suggested route, just "rename - download - rename". (And
>it's what you would do if you wanted to *install*, not just download, a
>2nd Cygwin architecture on 1 machine, maybe to compare Base with Full,
>If you think it ought to become a FAQ, do I have to do anything, or
>does somebody else pick it up here?
I added the FAQ to the subject so that David would see it. I don't know his
status, though. He may not be around right now.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html