RE: Download from internet = 1Mb?! (potential FAQ entry)

> From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
> Of Christopher Faylor

> >Fergus
> >
> >PS. I _think_ this is as simple as you can get. If anybody notices a
> >redundant step or unnecessary complication, please say.
>
> FWIW, the above is exactlhy how I would do this.  So, that's either very
> scary or somewhat reassuring, I suppose.

FWIW (once again) I currently have a dual boot Win98SE/Win2000 machine using
the very same installation of cygwin for *BOTH* OS'es...
-> using the mount command similarily to what was mentioned earlier in this
thread.
(Hmm... does that scary thing apply here? ;-)

 Things SEEM to be functioning properly. Might be that problems arise if I
use setup.exe from W2K one time, then from W98SE next time... Any thoughts?
(
i.e. registry entries?
     timestamp in [cf]:\cygwin\etc\timestamp ? C: = W98SE, F: = W2K
)

 NOTE HERE: My actual use of cygwin so far has been very limited. Which
might be why I have not found any problems with the above yet. (I'm building
up steam to get going ;)

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, 59~14'N, 17~12'E
 ~ <=> degree

--