This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How display graphic by cygwin
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:26:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: How display graphic by cygwin
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <Law15-DAV16yyUgJsRm00006731@hotmail.com>
Peng Yu wrote:
> I just installed the minimum set of cygwin and Cygwin/XFree86 on a
> Window XP. I can startx at the localhost(my Window XP machine).
> Then I sshed to a remote Linux host and ran acroread. "Error: Can't not
> open display:" was displayed. Could somebody help me to fix this problem.
You need to include the "-X" argument to ssh to forward X11 from the
remote host to your local machine.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html