This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: example needed pls: `cygpath -c <HANDLE>'
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:58:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: example needed pls: `cygpath -c <HANDLE>'
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > Umm, guys, aren't we getting carried away here? I mean, perl is a great
> > tool, but wouldn't something simpler, like
> > c:\cygwin\bin\bash -c "echo -n `/bin/cygpath -u '%1'` > /dev/clipboard"
> Jeez, I had no idea /dev/clipboard existed. Is there a list of
> supported dev entries somewhere?
Sure! In winsup/cygwin/path.cc, right before "get_devn()" (see
IOW, "Use the source, Luke... er... Brian!" :-D
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html