Socket operation on non-socket bug

Hi all,
I really need some help on "Socket operation on non-socket" error message.
I installed and used Cygwin, inetd, qpopper many many times on w2k and winXP
without any problem.
This time, I made a fresh Cygwin + inetutils install on a fresh windows NT 4
Workstation SP6a and I am unable to get inetd nor qpopper (whatever
standalone or inetd) to work, seemly related to a bug on socket handling in
NT4.

Here is what I have in the Windows NT event log :
******************
popper:
Unable to obtain socket and address of client: Socket operation on
non-socket (108).

ftpd:
getpeername (in.ftpd): Socket operation on non-socket.
Although I do not have an error message in the event log, telnetd is also
not working. (it closes the connection before I am even asked for my login,
password)

Strange is that sshd works well and exim also works well.

If someone has the solution or is able to reproduce this under windows NT 4
SP6a, please, let me now.

Many thanks

Thomas

---