RE: apache dies with pppoe

> If your behind a nat'd FW/router why not hardcode your IP addresses and
> turn off DHCP.  I can see if you have 1000 systems behind your
> FW/router, but is this the case?
>
> Todd C. Bowden

I'm not sure which IP your talking about. My PC's IP is hardcoded (well,
actually it DHCP's the same IP based on it's NIC MAC address.) The LAN side
of the router IP must be hardcoded and I don't have control over the DSL
modem IP since it uses PPPOE, and it must DHCP an IP. The IP at issue is the
DSL modem IP. I believe that's the one Apache need's to have configured, but
I'm still looking into that.

Sorry, this is now completely off topic.

Bill
---