This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.2-1 file truncated
- From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke at gnu dot org>
- To: "Robert McNulty Junior" <bmj2001 at bellsouth dot net>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: 09 Aug 2003 16:52:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: 1.5.2-1 file truncated
- Organization: Jan at Appel
- References: <LJEILGLKPIFDMBILLGBNGEMNCAAA.email@example.com>
"Robert McNulty Junior" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Timidity is a midi player.
> Up until now, I've not had any problems compiling it or other source code.
> I compiled the cygwin version of bash with no problems.
> The linking part with the original cygwin version of ld
> gives the following error.
> I'm not sure what's causing it.
> Heres a snapshot of the screen where it fails.
> Mind you, this is on code that worked fine up 1.5.1-1.
Same with tetex-bin;
> ls/libutils.a -lX11 -lm -lwinmm
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: final
> k failed: File truncated
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
it seems that -lm is the culprit. Leave it off, and it seems to
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <email@example.com> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien | http://www.lilypond.org
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html