This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl -MCPAN -e shell crashes w98se
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Graham Lamont <grahamlamont at ntlworld dot com>
- Cc: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 01:02:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: perl -MCPAN -e shell crashes w98se
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <POF0MHWT51463C8541VSO05RO2U1W85.3f3145f0@moby>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am Mittwoch, 6. August 2003 um 20:16 schriebst du:
>>> Is it easy to install 5.61 instead ?
>>Yes, using setup.exe should make it as easy as possible,
> I installed 5.61, and managed to install DBI. However the system still
> froze completely (mouse/keyboard completely locked for 2+ minutes)
> partway through the install.
Hmm, at which point did this happen?
> Installing CPANPLUS failed, but for different reasons (attached).
> Since CPAN seems to work I think I, will leave it as it is.
Please try to update Compress::Zlib (latest is 1.22) at first
(manually, you cannot do it via the CPAN module).
But I guess you're a candidate for `rebase`. The rebase package is
installable via setup.exe, please read the rebase-xyz.README in
/usr/doc/Cygwin and run `rebaseall`.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html