This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: launching attachments from gnus under cygwin
- From: Jason Dufair <jase at dufair dot org>
- To: jeff dot rancier at softechnics dot com (Jeffery B. Rancier)
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:37:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: launching attachments from gnus under cygwin
- Organization: The Dufair Family
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: jase at dufair dot org
I forgot to mention that I have winword.exe in my path.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeffery B. Rancier) writes:
> Jason Dufair <email@example.com> writes:
> All I get is the following in the mini-buffer:
> | Displaying cmd /c winword.exe "`cygpath -aw "h:/tmp/emm.3792QGW/Offices.doc"`"...
>> In the event this helps anyone...
>> I'm running GNU Emacs 21.2.1 and gnus 5.10.1 under Cygwin 1.3.22. I got
>> tired of having to save attachments and then open a dired buffer and
>> then launch via shellex. So I created a .mailcap and put the following
>> in there:
>> application/msword; cmd /c winword.exe "`cygpath -aw "%s"`"
>> Lo and behold, MS Word attachments now launch. Lather, rinse, and
>> repeat for other MIME types.
>> Jason Dufair - firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Cult: (n) a small, unpopular religion.
>> Religion: (n) a large, popular cult.
>> -- Unknown
> | Jeffery B. Rancier
> | Softechnics
> | a METTLER TOLEDO company
Jason Dufair - email@example.com
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
-- Thomas Jefferson
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html