This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: postgres help
- From: "Bill McCormick" <wpmccormick at covad dot net>
- To: "Jason House" <jhouse at mitre dot org>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>,<pgsql-cygwin at postgresql dot org>
- Cc: <jason at tishler dot net>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:32:55 -0500
- Subject: RE: postgres help
- Reply-to: <wpmccormick at covad dot net>
> I've gone through all the steps to set up postgreSQL on windows XP. I
> have updated permissions (to /tmp /usr/bin /usr/bin/*), verified the
> system path variable, and verified that ipc and postmaster services have
> been started. I don't understand why I'm getting the following error:
> $ psql -U postgres template1
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> Is the server running locally and accepting
> connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> The error does not change if I log in as myself or as postgres.
> Any hints as to what to try would be greatly appreciated.
Is your XP firewall running? If so, try shutting it down and try connecting
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.512 / Virus Database: 309 - Release Date: 8/19/2003
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html