This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.3s: /dev/clipboard does not work for non-cygwin programs
- From: chris <caj at cs dot york dot ac dot uk>
- To: Rolf Campbell <Endlisnis at mailc dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:02:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: 1.5.3s: /dev/clipboard does not work for non-cygwin programs
- References: <email@example.com>
Rolf Campbell wrote:
$ ipconfig > /dev/clipboard
$ ipconfig | cat > /dev/clipboard
The first command does *nothing* to the content of the clipboard.
The 2nd command does what I expected the first command to do.
Unfortunatly under windows it is up to the application to handle things
like | , > , etc. therefore I don't think this could ever be supported.
Some applications I've found don't even seem to support the |, but you
can still usually get around that by using echo `clipboard `
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html