Re: Install battle over, how to set up user?

Ok.  Your cygcheck output says that you're a domain user, and that domain
groups are not part of /etc/group:

C:\cygwin\bin\id.exe output (ntsec)
UID: 38685(d1wmw01)  GID: 28109(mkgroup_l_d)
     ^^^^^                      ^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what's cauing the message you saw.  Now, as Pierre said in
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-08/msg01372.html>, this is purely
aesthetic and shouldn't affect the operation of Cygwin in any way.
If the message annoys you, you can run "mkgroup -l -d > /etc/group" (make
a backup of your current /etc/group, just in case).  Be prepared that this
command might take a long time in large domains.  Otherwise, just ignore
this message.  Perhaps we should make separate messages for
"mk{passwd,group}" and "mkgroup_l_d"...
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/