This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl-5.8.1-1 package wants Cygwin1.dll:__getreent
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "s t" <dountootherstoo at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:54:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: Perl-5.8.1-1 package wants Cygwin1.dll:__getreent
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <Law15-F35TTe3hH6FV00000c0b7@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
> "Cygcheck -s -r -v perl" output attached in perl5811.out
> I installed Perl-5.8.1-1; no cygwin1.dll upgrade was available.
> Calling perl raised this error:
> "Cygperl5_8_1.dll file is linked to missing export
> As cygcheck shows, this is win98 with
> C:/cygwin/bin/cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
> "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2003/3/18 9:20
> 1) Does Perl-5.8.1-1 need a new cygwin1.dll?
Yes, the perl-5.8.1 is a test release that requires cygwin-1.5.3-tobe.
There is a new perl-5.8.0 on the way which requires cygwin-1.3.22.
> 2) Setup will uninstall the new version but won't,
> after restart, recognize the earlier version, alone,
> as a "local install" in ../reelease/perl.
> How do I backtrack cygwin/setup.exe's records to
> allow re-install of the earlier version?
The setup.hint is faulty, it was already fxed and show up at the mirrors
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html