This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: perl-5.8.0-4
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Tony Arnold" <tony dot arnold at man dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:25:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: Updated: perl-5.8.0-4
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <31CB870AD5AA384BB5419025DD9F7A8429348B@dailymail.cfs.ac.uk>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
> I'm confused! My current version of perl is 5.8.1-1 and yet this update is a
> lower version of 5.8.0-4! I can only assume I've installed a test version at
> some time. Should I stay with 5.8.1-1 or revert/update to 5.8.0-4?
5.8.1-1 is a test release which works only with cygwin-1.5.2 or later,
if it works for you, it is ok, just stay with it, perl-5.8.0 is a
'regular' bugfix for the current (stable) release which works also with
cygwin < 1.5, i.e. with 1.3.22.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html