This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
/bin/rbash in passwd, but starts a *non* restricted shell (1.3.20)
- From: (Tom Rodman) nicebounce at trodman dot com
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:20:39 -0500
- Subject: /bin/rbash in passwd, but starts a *non* restricted shell (1.3.20)
- Reply-to: (Tom Rodman) nicebounce at trodman dot com
Interactively rbash seems to work fine:
bash-2.05b$ uname -a; ln -s /bin/bash /bin/rbash;rbash
CYGWIN_NT-4.0 ws011206 1.3.20(0.73/3/2) 2003-02-08 12:10 i686 unknown unknown Cygwin
rbash-2.05b$ cd /
rbash: cd: restricted
When I set the login shell to /bin/rbash and login through ssh
the shell is *not* restricted.
Any ideas on how to work around this? Is this fixed in 1.3.22 or later?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html