Re: Compilling cygwin programs using Visual Studio .NET

There's a gawk script that can convert dsw files to Makefiles. It's a MinGW
utility you can get here:
http://jrfonseca.dyndns.org/projects/gnu-win32/software/msds/

It targets the MinGW environment, which comes very, very close to Cygwin.
You may need to edit the Makefile a wee bit, though, to get rid of MinGW-
specific stuff (libraries you don't need, etc.).

Also, if you're making a DLL, I've found it a good idea to systematically use
gcc/g++ and never use dllwrap, which involves a wee bit of Makefile editing
as well.

HTH

rlc

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 03:11:42PM +0200, Eran Rundstein wrote:
> Greetings everyone.
>
> I have a project in Visual Studio .NET, which I want to compile using the
> CYGWIN compiler tools, instead of the Microsoft C compiler. I couldn't
> figure how to do so.
>
> I'd appreciate any ideas.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Eran.