Re: vi fails to suspend on the latest Cygwin

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Dai Itasaka wrote:

> I apologize if my previous post may have caused any inconvenience.
> Here I come again.
>
> I'm using Cygwin version 1.5.4.1 now. I did cygwin_setup on last Friday.
> Before that, pressing ctrl-Z in vi had never been a problem for a long time.
>
> If I press ctrl-Z, the screen goes back to whatever it was before
> starting vi (as expected), but no shell prompt appears. No key typing is
> accepted at this point and I have to close the shell window and restart.
> If I do a ps on another shell window, I see vim marked as 'S'.
>
> I tried both on tcsh and on bash. Exactly the same thing happens.
>
> Typing ":suspend" instead of pressing ctrl-Z in vi is no difference.

Dai,

This post doesn't contain much more useful information than the previous
one.  Please (re)read <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, particularly the
part about attaching (as an uncompressed text *attachment*) the output of
"cygcheck -svr".  Where do you get this problem (i.e., in the command
shell, in rxvt, in xterm, etc)?  It would also help if you looked in
/var/log/setup.log to find out the previous version of Cygwin and vim you
had installed (you can simply run

for i in cygwin vim; do
  grep "Installing.*$i-[0-9]" /var/log/setup.log | tail -2
done

and post the output).
	Igor
--