Re: cygwin, Rsync and 8-bit chars (SJIS) (and managed mounts)

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 12:29:27PM +0900, Dylan Cuthbert wrote:
>Any trick to get around this "error"?  (I presume once -o managed is fully
>debugged this limitation will be removed anyway, or overridable by an option
>at least?)

This is permanent limitation of managed mode.  The directory has to be
managed from the start.  There's really no other way to do it other than
to have mount walk the existing directory and "fix" all files with mixed
case.

So, just use 'cp -a' to copy the existing directory to the managed
directory and then delete the original and rename the copy.

Hmm.  mv may work, too, but I haen't tried it.

cgf