1.5.5-1: ftp: ftp/tcp: unknown service

Hi,

 (cygwin on windows XP SP1)

when I tried to run ftp, I've got :
> ftp server
ftp: ftp/tcp: unknown service

I have the same with telnet

I tried to change the access right on the file services
but nothing change

I wrote this little C program:

#include <netdb.h>
main () {

 struct servent *s;
 s = getservent();
 if ( s != 0x00 )
  printf("%d\n", s->s_port);
 else
  printf("NO !\n");
}

which work perfectly, so I guess the access right are OK
if I tried to run getservbyname it failed.

/etc/services is a link to WIN/system32/drivers/etc/services
and cygwin use this last one, not the link

any idea ?!

I don't think I started or stopped any windows service.

best regards,

Nicolas