changing my cygwin username to have no spaces in it

I just got a great new laptop --- the Toshiba P25 with a 17" widescreen.

However, I was dumb enough to enter my name as "Terrence Brannon" during the initial welcome screens. Now when attempting to compile xemacs from scratch (because xemacs' windows goes into some sort of white - on - white mode when I open a shell inside xemacs when I use the netinstaller from xemacs.org), ./configure looks for install-sh in /home/Terrence Brannon/wares/blah-blah-blah/install-sh, but the space in the username is fooling it. What can I do so that when I click on the Cygwin icon, it logs me into cygwin as the user metaperl or Terrence_Brannon?

I have already gone to the Control Panel and tried User Accounts/Change Name, but that was merely cosmetic.