HELP: how do I use two versions of cygwin on one machine?

I looked in the FAQ, I searched the archives, and I searched on deja.com
with no luck.  I have been using cygwin for quite a while and I'm dependent
on it.  Recently I started working with a new single board computer.  The
compile environment is an older version of cygwin.  More recent versions of
cygwin don't work properly for this compiling task.  I don't mind using an
older version but the one the manufacturer sent is very stripped down and is
basically only good for running "make".  So, I figured I could just have two
versions of cygwin on my machine and only use one at a time.  So far I have
not been able to do it.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jim