RE: setup.exe what versions ?

Setup already supports versioned dependences.  However, it was decided not
to use those, as it'll only add to the confusion.  Simply upgrade to the
latest Cygwin, and things should work.  If they don't, report a bug, and
it will be fixed eventually.

The message you quoted below was referring to the fact that when you
manually cycle through versions in the chooser, you will go through the
Test versions of packages as well.  If you simply select "Curr" and don't
change package versions except to "Keep/Skip", you should not get Test
versions of anything.  In general, it's best to go with the version
suggested by setup in a given mode and to not select a particular version
manually unless you know exactly what you're doing.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu