Re: Can't link to libws2_32.a

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Takeshi Honda wrote:

> I want to use winsock2.h, but when I compiled my program,
> I got the following errors.
>
> %gcc -lwsock32 -lws2_32 main.cpp

First off, libraries go after C/C++ files, so:

gcc main.cpp -lwsock32 -lws2_32

Secondly, why are you trying to use winsock in Cygwin?  Just use normal
unix sockets.  If you were using mingw/-mno-cygwin, I might understand.

> DLL version is  1.3.12.

If you meant the Cygwin DLL here, I *strongly* suggest you update as you
won't be getting much more help from this list until you do.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer