Re: wtfindex produces corrupt files on DOS mounts

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Vince Rice wrote:

> --- Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu> wrote:
> > Vince,
> >
> > Thanks for the report.  It would have been great if you also
> > specified the version of wtf that you used.  However, I've just
> > reproduced this with wtf-0.0.4-4.  Expect a new release soon.
>
> My apologies.  I did try to figure out the version, but I couldn't
> find anything that would tell me.  There appears to be only one
> command line switch (-a), it wasn't in the man page, I tried cygcheck
> wtf, and I tried an old filever utility I have on the wtf.exe itself.
>  While I'm typing it occurs to me I could have run through setup and
> let it tell me...  I know this is a lean and mean program, but would
> you consider supporting command line options -v or --version in wtf
> itself?

That's up to the upstream maintainer.  I'll suggest it to him.

> I just did the setup thing, and it is indeed 0.0.4-4 that I have as
> well.  Thanks for the quick fix!
>
> Vince
>
> P.S. -- I got to thinking about how setup knew, so I poked around
> some more on cygcheck and found that cygcheck -c told me the
> information as well.  So now I'll know for next time.  However,
> supporting -v or --version in the program itself would still be nice. :)

That's exactly what cygcheck is for.  If you don't want it to do integrity
checking, you can give it a -d (dump-only) option in addition to -c, and
it'll simply query the installed package version (which may be different
from any particular executable's version, BTW, although not in case of
wtf).  Another place to look would be /usr/share/doc/Cygwin for
wtf*.README.  The version on that file should correspond to the package
version.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/