Re: Problems using WIN32 api

Laurent,

[...]
> - are the /usr/lib/w32api/libXXX.a real static libs (with code)
>    or only interface to the system DLLs?
[...]

Most of them are "interface to the system DLLs" (or import libs as a
For a complete answer, one would "nm <libname> | grep __imp"  on each of
them to see which is such an interface.
On my 1.3.x cygwin here, for your libuser32.a case, I have

"$ nm /lib/w32api/libuser32.a | grep __imp | wc -l
    582
"

[...]
> - is someone interested in a glib/gtk+ cygwin package
>    (not a native Win32 one)?
[...]

It seems not to be a general interest on this, as the posts related are
quite rare

Here, no longer than yesterday, I was in the state to cry out on this list
on the same topic, i.e. while building the same gtk+-2 I faced the problem of
(devel) libtool not being able to link (only) libuuid in the shared gdk.
Actually, before starting typing the message, I just recalled that there was a
single "undefined" error when tried to link without it, so I turned on the
patching-by-excluding/quick'n'dirty solution, which worked.

SLao