Re: messed up user permissions from w2k terminal session

Hi,

Le mer 08 oct 2003 19:45:46 GMT, Pierre A. Humblet a tapoté sur son clavier :
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003@04:48:43PM -0400, James D Below wrote:
> > HI everyone,
> >
> > I'm not sure how I did it but I messed up my user permissions or local
> > policy settings.  Now whenever I run any cygwin app (bash.exe, wc.exe,
> > rxvt.exe) from a w2k terminal session and logged in as a user, I see the
> > following error:
> >
> >  **** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 5.  Terminating.
> >
> > I'm running Windows 2000 SP4 and CYGWIN = binmode tty ntsec
>
> This problem has now been explained with James' help and this message
> is to close the thread.
> It turns out that on some recent Windows systems a special privilege,
> "create global objects", is required to run Cygwin 1.5.X from
> a terminal session. It can be given to users with the "editrights.exe"
> utility.

Hmmm. I can't find such right. editrights gives me this list:

editrights version 1.01: a cygwin application to edit user rights
                         on a Windows NT system.
Copyright Chris Rodgers <editrights-at-bulk.rodgers.org.uk>, Sep, 2003.
All rights reserved. See LICENCE for further details.

Usage: editrights -u USER {-a|-l|-r|-t} [options]
  -a Se...         Add right to the specified user.
  -h               Show this help message. -hv lists available user rights.
  -l               List user rights. May be combined with -a or
                   -r to list final state.
  -m MACHINE       Make all changes on the specified MACHINE.
  -r Se...         Remove right from the specified user.
  -t Se...         Test if the specified right is held by user. Returns
0 for YES and 2 for NO.
  -u USER/GROUP    Make changes to the specified USER or GROUP.
  -v               Verbose mode.

Return values:
   0               Success or YES.
   1               Error.