Re: Installation from locally stored packages

My suggestion here (clearly with far too few words), was to download the
source package from Setup.exe.  That source package "scp"ed over,
"configure"d, and "make"d just nicely to/on the SuSE box here :)

Not the first I've used Cygwin sources to update the software running on
our 'nix server.

But my apologies for contributing to an off-topic... er... topic.