This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem reading from COM1
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: "c|>>><<<|3NuL|_" <chenull at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:51:32 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: Problem reading from COM1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, c|>>><<<|3NuL|_ wrote:
> i found your email at cywin mailing list.
Please do not email me directly. I do read the list. And, there is a
wealth of knowledge the list can provide that a single person can not.
> have you discovered why there is problem with serial
> communication on windows 98 running cygwin ?
I do not run Windows 98. Serial communications work fine for me on XP and
NT4 given certain caveats (like the cygwin1.dll version that you did not
provide; see the link below).
> i found sms software (smstools) didnt work with a
> win98 machine running cygwin. it did nothing when
> writing AT commands.
I am not familiar with smstools and do not have time to investigate them.
> any links ? idea?
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html