This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: How to execute bash file under /usr/bin despite setting PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH"
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Jörg Schaible <Joerg dot Schaible at Elsag-Solutions dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:25:49 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: RE: How to execute bash file under /usr/bin despite setting PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH"
- References: <F0D7281DAB048B438E8F5EC4ECEFBDDC24F498@esmail.elsag.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote on Friday, December 05, 2003 3:23 PM:
> > Nah. It's just because we are so frigging mean.
> Walking on the edge for so many years now <g>
You mean "teetering on the edge", don't you? ;-)
> > WASFM
> Igor, wtf cannot translate ... :)
Jörg, wtf is just a dumb program -- you can't expect it to unveil the
meaning of newly-invented acronyms on its own. The OLOCA has it, though:
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WASFM>. FWIW, wtf will have it on the next
package update (as usual).
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html