This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Re: Bash file doesn't appear
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 21:06:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: Re: Bash file doesn't appear
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 05:30:06PM -0800, Skews Me wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Skews Me wrote:
>> I've installed Cygwin twice from two different mirrors, but the bash
>> is nowhere to be found.
>You mean /bin/bash.exe? What is "the bash file"?
>No executables were installed on either of my hard drives. The c:\cygwin
>folder that was created contains an .\etc\setup folder with a few
>temporary files, but that's it. There's no /bin folder, no bash.exe,
>nothing. Could it be that my Windows logon name contains a space or that
>I downloaded to a hard drive other than c:?
It's because you chose the "download" option rather than the "install"
option when you ran setup.exe.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html