Re: Setup hangs in postinstall

Antoine Labour wrote:

Actually, I still do believe it's the same problem. In some other mails I specified it happens also on single CPU machines. I think other people have been able to reproduce it as well. The fact I expose it in a loop is because the hang is random. It also sometimes happen in a non-loop environment. I suspect a nasty race condition which depends heavily on the system scheduling, so in your case the same problem might happen every time.
In any case, I tried my small test case with zsh too, same result : hang after a few iterations.

Cheers,
Antoine

Antoine, I'm sorry, you're probably correct.

Everybody,
Some new information I got today. I found another user on our campus that is having the problem on two different machines, but not a third. All of them running Windows XP. So far every machine I have seen it on is running XP and is a recent new install of Cygwin. Does anybody think that they could get closer to a solution if I were to provide you with a machine to play with remotely where the problem happens every time?

Also, Is this the only place for bug reporting for Cygwin? I can't find any actual bug database like bugzilla to get this officially reported.

--
Michael "Murph" Robbert
System Administrator for Math/CS