shell under sshd fail to fork child process

I have installed the latest and greatest cygwin and sshd on a Small Business Windows Server 2003. Everything works great on the console and ssh'ing in and out works fine. However once I access the web server running on the box anyone sshd in will no longer be able to run anything that creates a child process. All cygwin functionality from the console still works fine. I can look at the processes and see srvc sshd and shells all running under SYSTEM. Once it gets into this state no additional connections to sshd can be made. The service can be stopped but starting it back up will not allow it to accept connections.

The only thing I have found that will get the sshd to respond again is to shut the server down and restart at which time it will again work great until someone accesses the web server.

If anyone is interested in this problem and would like additional information I'm happy to try what ever would help someone to look at it closer.

Thanks,
Matthew