This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: About Cygwin license
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Armo Super <armosuper at yahoo dot co dot uk>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: legal at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:24:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: About Cygwin license
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 03:44 AM 12/11/2003, Armo Super you wrote:
>What do you think about next situation?
>I have made an software, that I'm going to sell.
>My software uses PostgreSql database system, witch is
>distributed under BSD license.
>If I want to get PostgreSql run in Windows
>environment, I need Cygwin.
>My software -(direct use)-> JDBC -(socket)->
>PostgreSql -(direct?)-> Cygwin
>And now, is there any resctrictions towards my
>software from GPL, becouse my software is not using
The licensing page at the Cygwin site answers this question. See
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html