This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: About cygwin license
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: armosuper at yahoo dot co dot uk
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:53:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: About cygwin license
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 08:44:51AM +0000, Armo Super wrote:
>What do you think about next situation?
>I have made an software, that I'm going to sell.
>My software uses PostgreSql database system, witch is
>distributed under BSD license.
>If I want to get PostgreSql run in Windows
>environment, I need Cygwin.
>My software -(direct use)-> JDBC -(socket)->
>PostgreSql -(direct?)-> Cygwin
>And now, is there any resctrictions towards my
>software from GPL, becouse my software is not using
Others have answered this question but I haven't seen one observation:
If you are distributing cygwin1.dll or any of its utilities, you need
to adhere to the GPL. You need to distribute source code for these
in compliance with the GPL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html