This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: wget: how to only dl binaries for install?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Matthew Wilson <matt at overlook dot homelinux dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:33:02 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: wget: how to only dl binaries for install?
- References: <20031212015231.GA22267@frank.overlook.homelinux.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Matthew Wilson wrote:
> Hi -
> I have a very fussy firewall at work,
Before you go to all the trouble, can you access the web via Internet
Explorer? If so, did you try the "Use IE5 settings" in setup? BTW, setup
can also be told to go through an HTTP proxy, if that helps any.
> and so I want to set up a package
> repository on our intranet. Can anyone help me write a wget command
> that will grab only the recent binaries. It seems like a lot of people
> are doing similar stuff, so all comments are welcome.
> This is what I've got so far:
> I'm using the -R '*src.tar.bz2' to not download the source files, but
> this doesn't work.
> wget --passive-ftp --recursive --no-clobber --no-host-directories \
> --cut-dirs=2 -X/pub/cygwin/mail-archives -R '*-src.tar.bz2' \
Search the Cygwin list archives for 'clean_setup.pl'.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html