This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Third-party products that include cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:45:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Third-party products that include cygwin
- References: <3D848382FB72E249812901444C6BDB1D022F46DE@exchange.timesys.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 05:04:11PM -0500, Robb, Sam wrote:
>>>An alternative is a nice automated way in their installer to invoke the
>>Heh... that would IMO require setup.exe to be able to do batch runs.
>>Not possible, unless changes has been done very recently.
>Huh? We've been doing things that way with our software installer for
>a good 6-9 months now, using a version of setup.exe built from a CVS
>snapshot. If the user needs Cygwin installed prior to installing our
>sofware, we kick off setup.exe and let it do it's thing.
I think this is how the BitKeeper folks do it, too, FWIW.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html