RE: CreateFileMapping, create global objects, and multiple users

At 04:39 PM 12/15/2003 -0800, Benn Schreiber wrote:
>Pierre,
>
>Thanks for the feedback. One of the users is the administrator. The
>other is not in the admin group, but has the 'create global object'
>right per a note I saw from Corinna.
>
>The snapshot I installed is from 12/1, should this be recent enough?

Benn,

There has been another significant change on 12/2. Could you try the
latest snapshot? It's stable enough.

>It does not appear to depend on the order. Both the root (administrator)
>and user login are via terminal services. I just tried it with
>administrator logged in locally, as well as through TS, and it still
>occurs. I also noticed (one time only) that tcsh (my default shell) goes
>compute bound. I tried it with bash, and the rxvt window seems to
>more-or-less self-destruct on its own (ie I don't even get the
>opportunity to close it...it just goes away as soon as I touch it).

So at the time the second login takes place, the first one freezes,
even when both are the administrator?

>The times when the window is hung, I cannot type anything into the
>window. The only thing I can do is close it.
>
>Thanks for your thoughts...any additional ideas would be appreciated.

Assuming it keeps occuring with the snapshot, try starting under strace
(from the Terminal Services console) the rxvt that goes away:

strace -o trace.txt rxvt -d :0 -e bash
and send me trace.txt as an attachment.
Do as little as possible in bash (no --login) to keep the trace
size reasonable. Is there a stack dump in the current directory?
Thanks.

Pierre