RE: snapshot cygwin1-20031212.dll.bz2

At 10:56 AM 12/17/2003, Ken Thompson you wrote:

> [...]

Wow!  I can't believe you fell for this CGF deception.  There's clearly a
Cygwin conspiracy going on here and CGF is at the heart of it.  My take is
that Red Hat is planning a new, beefed up version of Cygwin that will only
be available as a commercial offering.  It will be big $$$ and compete
head-to-head with the likes of MS Windows and even Linux!  But Red Hat
won't be releasing this to the Cygwin community for free.  So we'll
all be stuck with only what we can download. :-(  CGF clearly has access
to this pending mega, commercial version and is certainly using that for all
his tests, leaving us all at a disadvantage.  I'm sure he's laughing
sadistically at us even now.  But he's not fooling me!  And he won't get
away with it!  Mark my words.  CGF is going down.  And Cygwin will be all
the better for it.  Just you wait and see...

Holliston, MA 01746