This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please try the latest snapshot -- it is close to cygwin 1.5.6
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:53:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: Please try the latest snapshot -- it is close to cygwin 1.5.6
- References: <20031223222816.GA23935@redhat.com> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 05:37:36PM +0100, Philippe Torche wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>The subject says it all.
>>I'm hoping to release cygwin 1.5.6 shortly after Christmas.
>I've tested it (CVS version 12:35 GMT + 1) on our 4 Xeon on W2003S and
>unfortunately my previous test case (run_t.sh and t.sh) always fails.
Let me be extremely clear about this again: I don't have a 4 Xeon
processor running W2003S. I will not be able to test this and I,
frankly, don't care much about this corner case -- especially if it is
not a regression from previous releases.
So, if you were just reporting this as a data point, then thanks. If
you are expecting me to do something about it, then, you will,
unfortunately, be disappointed.
>The test suite runs soon happily (except now 3 cases) with my Athlon on
>WinXP, and I'm preparing to run it tomorrow on our 4 Xeon.
I think I will have to give a gold star to the person who figures out
why those three cases are "failing". It really isn't that hard.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html