This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Info.gz files
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "David A. Cobb" <Superbiskit at cox dot net>
- Cc: Cygwin General Discussion <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:49:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: Info.gz files
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3FE63619.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am Montag, 22. Dezember 2003 um 01:08 schriebst du:
> I notice that some of the larger info files, notably gcc & related files
> plus the Cygwin-ug files, are in /usr/share/info as xxx.info.gz files.
> Is info (supposed to be) able to handle these directly? If so, is
> special action appropriate to get them listed in the dir file -- on my
> system they are simply not being seen.
> Of course, I can unzip them - but why use up the space if info can do it
I thought that info is able to handle this directly, therefore I
provide the info pages compressed. If the info files are not seen,
then the script /etc/postinstall/update-info-dir.sh needs to be
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html