This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is perl-5.8.2 canonized for use on cygwin yet?
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:32:45 -0800
- Subject: Re: Is perl-5.8.2 canonized for use on cygwin yet?
- Organization: bs"d
- References: <20031229012457.GA5096@efn.org> <DLEDLBGGCHGDFMMGKBHBIEKNCDAA.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 09:38:05PM +0100, "Gerrit P. Haase" <email@example.com> wrote:
> > What sets LIB in the cygwin environment? It comes verbatim from the
> > DOS environment list but I don't see the importation in any of the
> > layered rc files (but I could've missed it). And is there a way to
> > automatically make cygwin translate these paths from backslash to
> > forward slash when importing? You'd think that would be the default.
> > Is there a way to suppress all importation or all but a list of
> > explicitly named variables? Obviously I can exclude some by
> > redefining them in the bashrc files, but what I'd rather do is
> > exclude all except those I want included, in case some software
> > installs new ones.
> LIB isn't used by Cywin, but it is used by Perl. Just unset it before
> the build, it is not needed.
How is it used by Perl? Or do you just mean the use of MakeMaker passing
it to subdirs?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html