Re: Passing file descriptors

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 04:30:56PM +0100, Theo Verelst wrote:

Anyone know wether cygwin can pass file descriptors over unix sockets
(streams) so that a process can share its file descriptors with
another?

Nope.  Sorry.
--

Is it not an option because of windows streams not supporting it, or because of lack of interest or otherwise?

It is a feature of regular unix, I think sys5, I've not checked wether Linux has it, but there must be programs that use it..