This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "H. James de St. Germain" <germain at cs dot utah dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:16:15 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: control-spacebar
- References: <20040108204601.C1DDB3C063@juggler.cs.utah.edu>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, H. James de St. Germain wrote:
> Control spacebar doesn't work in the standard cygwin terminal. This is
> a problem for those of us who love emacs...
> From the cryptic posts I've found on the web, it seems that this results
> because the "C-spacebar" is not a recognized ASCII value and thus is not
> being "sent"????
The fix might be as simple as adding a corresponding row for 'space' to
the keytable array in line 1662 of winsup/cygwin/fhandler_console.cc.
> Could someone who understands what is going on give us all a good
> description of why C-SPC is not working and how, if there is a way, we
> can get around this problem.
For a temporary workaround, use rxvt.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html