This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin user independently from windows user
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Uwe Abel <uwe-abel at web dot de>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:54:25 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: cygwin user independently from windows user
- References: <E1AgiPB-0000Kpemail@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Uwe Abel wrote:
> I installed cygwin, postgres, Perl, apache ...
> Now I would like to use my cygwin configuration on several computers
> But I have problems with users.
> Is it possible to create cygwin user independently from windows user?
> I would not like to use the Windows user Do I need at all possibly users?
> Security is not important.
> On which must I respect if I copy my configuration to another computer. Are
> there Reg. Keys ? Something else ?
> Sorry if a stupid question is, but I am absolutely new in cygwin
Google on "portable Cygwin". This will return a bunch of threads that
might be very informative on this issue.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html