This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Permissions get lost when moving files between drives.
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: Ronald Fischer <fischron dot external at infineon dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:13:27 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: Permissions get lost when moving files between drives.
- References: <200401151423.i0FENaQ19568@mailgate5.cinetic.de>
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Ronald Fischer wrote:
> I'm using cygwin bash on a Windows 2000 machine. When I perform the following steps
> (c: is the local drive, h: is a network drive, which is also my $HOME):
> cd c:/
> echo xxx >h:/tmp/x
> mv h:/tmp/x y
> then a
> ls -l
> shows that c:/y has the permissions set to 000, though h:/tmp/x has them correct as 644.
Posting the exact output of ls -l would be helpfull. Also, a getfacl y
would be nice too.
Please see http://cygwin.com/problems.html and follow the
instructions for submitting a bug report. Thanks.
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html